Vietnamese Chicken Salad with Peanuts & Nuoc Cham
- You have come to the right place. This was delicious!
You shake up the dressing ingredients in a jar and then pour over the salad just before serving........
The dressing is called Nuoc Cham, a savory Vietnamese dressing, that uses fish sauce made from anchovies, which some of you may not like (though I promise, it gives a great umami flavor!), you can always substitute soy sauce instead.
Do not skip the cilantro or peanuts please. These 2 ingredients really make the salad.
I loved this salad, and can't wait to make it again. Nagi's site is great.
The measurements don't have to be exact, taste as you go.
Vietnamese Chicken Salad w/ Peanuts & Nuoc Cham: (adapted from Recipe Tin):
- 12 oz cooked shredded chicken
- 5 cups Napa cabbage (or purple cabbage) shredded
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into batons
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and sliced and quartered
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (tightly packed)
2 tbs fresh lime juice
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 c fish sauce (you can sub in soy sauce instead)
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp hot pepper flakes
TOPPINGS: (do not skip the toppings!)
Nagi is the author of Recipe Tin...the link is there to her site, her recipes are great.
Check it out.