Potato, Cucumber & Dill Salad
Check out this great blog called Living Tastefully.
Not only is Eileen an antiques dealer/collector like me, she loves Paris (is there anyone who doesn't?), and cooks similarly to me, using all the season's fresh ingredients in her recipes.
Her recipes are simple and delicious and she serves a lot of her meals al fresco on her patio, like I do.
Last night, I made her lovely light potato salad with cucumbers and dill.
It has a mustard dressing instead of mayo, and it was easy to make ahead.
Try it, you'll like it!
Eileen's Potato Salad w/ Cucumber & Dill:
• 2 pounds baby red potatoes
• 3 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
• 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
• 3/4 pound cucumbers, sliced (I used the small Persian cukes if you can find them)
• fresh dill sprigs, optional
Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar to the hot potatoes and stir gently.
Combine remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually mix in the oil. Add chopped dill and mix into the potatoes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. This can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving. Mix in cucumbers. Garnish with dill sprigs.
This was a nice change to my mayo and egg potato salad and I did not miss the calories!